Tamarind – 1 ball (the size of a gooseberry)
Jaggery (Gur) – 100 gm
Seedless Dates – 6
Salt – ¼ tsp
Mirchi Powder – ¼ tsp
1. Soak the tamarind in hot water for about half an hour.
2. Extract the juice twice to have about a large cup of tamarind juice.
3. Heat the tamarind juice, jaggery and dates for 2-3 minutes and switch off the gas.
4. Allow the mixture to cool down before running it in a mixer to make a smooth paste.
5. Add mirchi powder and salt to the mix and stir well.
Delicious Khatta-Meetha Chutney is ready to be used in any of your chaats.